We seek the "best in the business" - entrepreneurial thinkers who can recognize opportunities and are never satisfied with anything less than excellence. EXCEL provides its team members the opportunity to do interesting, challenging work, contribute to team success, have fun, grow, develop, and be appropriately rewarded for accomplishments. EXCEL has 25 years of experience in the Federal, State, and Commercial markets. EXCEL is a Solutions Management Company that transforms businesses through a combination of technology and management best practices. How companies manage their people, processes, and tools is mission critical. Our goal is to guide our clients towards solutions that increase profit by increasing efficiency, helping relieve the worry and burden that often accompanies running a successful business. EXCEL focuses in the areas of systems optimization, network solutions, and infrastructure support.
The PMI certified IT Infrastructure Project Manager will manage IT solution implementation processes for customers and ensure:
• consistent customer satisfaction by collaborating with client teams, multiple business units, and customers to achieve project deliverables that are consistent with client service agreements
• appropriate service levels are achieved
• project timelines and deliverables meet client requirements
• issues are identified and resolved
• a high degree of client satisfaction is achieved throughout the implementation process.
This individual will adhere to strict procedural and quality standards including thorough and accurate documentation, and understanding of client technical and business process specifications. The IT Infrastructure Project Manager will translate business needs into sound and effective IT business solutions, develop project plans and deliverables that guide projects to highly successful completion.
• Develop and direct implementation programs and lead multidisciplinary teams to execute project deliverables to schedule, budget and performance goals. Managing the program financials. Assessing and managing risk throughout the project lifecycle and making adjustments as needed. Ensuring planned business outcomes are achieved.
• Maintain timely and accurate documentation, including communication of client commitments and expectations to internal partners, interpreting and providing context for client requests, ensuring appropriate review and client sign off, leading conference calls, and related responsibilities to ensure flawless implementations.
• Provide documentation and reports on projected costs and resources needed and the time schedule for the implementation process.
• Create, own, and drive project plans, including key milestones, across multiple projects utilizing project management skills to track milestones and deliverables.
• Provide timely recognition/notification of risk indicators and deliver regular status updates to internal/external leadership.
• Understand the strategy and priorities of all business units and how they translate into implementation, account management, product and development priorities.
• Work effectively with key business sponsors across all functional teams focusing on improving deliverables, processes, and integration of teams to accomplish goals.
• Develop trusted senior level relationships with clients, target clients and internal experts, qualify opportunities and negotiate client agreements.
• Facilitate stakeholder engagement activities.
• Construct and implement the practice’s overall communication strategy.
• Identify new business opportunities that are aligned with client agenda and develop compelling business case/response to new business opportunities.
• Participate in practice building activities (e.g. conference participation, thought leadership development, market offering development, recruiting).
• Develop subject matter expertise in specific practice specialty areas to drive Company recognized expertise development.
• Coach and mentor team members.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to effectively translate business needs into IT solutions
• Ability to effectively guide/oversee multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to effectively negotiate
• Ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work productively with professionals at all levels of an organization.
• Conflict Management
• Timely Decision Making
• Process Management
• Drive For Results
• Business Acumen
• Motivating Others
• Problem Solving
• Customer Focus
• Learning On The Fly
• Managerial Courage
• Priority setting
• Managing Vision and Purpose
Required Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three to five years of IT infrastructure project management experience
• PMI certified